Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kids in the Kitchen

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged but now that I have some time on my hands, I thought I would give it another go.

Cailin has decided she wants to start learning how to cook. She does not want to go to any kids cooking classes or anything but wants ME to teacher her. As if I have any knowledge to impart to her but that's not going to stop us. So far she has made....

1. Donut Surprise (she thought of this on her own) she took a powdered sugar donut hole stuck a chocolate chip in the middle, put whipped cream on top and drizzled Hershey's syrup on top. They were not bad!

2. Salad-lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, salad dressing and the piece de resistance----nutmeg. She said she saw it on Rachel Ray. You should use nutmeg to finish off greens.

3. Deviled Eggs....since her daddy won't eat Mayo we improvised and used sour cream. They were yummy.

I look forward to sharing more of our kitchen adventures in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment